Sunday 3 May 2009

Lazy

Hi,
I have been wondering which recipes to add to my blog. If there is a recipe you would like me to add please let me know as I think I have added all the ones you have asked for so far. It is a wonderful time of the year on the market yesterday there was plently of local asparagus, not cheap I admit but tastes really good and the season is so short we really have to enjoy it while it is here. Simply boiled until just cooked with a butter sauce is superb or make a bunch go further by adding it to smoked salmon or prawns and toss with pasta and some creme fraiche for a simple supper dish.

New potatoes are coming on to the market too, again why spoil them just boil and toss in butter and freshly chopped chives.

Let's enjoy food as it comes into season and try to buy it locally but don't pay over the odds for something special unless you really can afford it - wait a week or two until it becomes more plentiful and the price comes down.

Enjoy!

No comments: